Last night we had to say goodbye to Betty. At the elderly age of 2 years she took a turn for the worse while Kevin and Connor were caring for her. Those two boys did a great job of making the rat a loved creature in our home. And that is why last night, at our little rat funeral it was a sad occasion. All the kids said goodbye in their own way. Kevin cried a lot, Kelly wrote a letter, Connor called his grandma, and Delaney wanted us all to write down our favorite things about Betty so we could remember her.
Monday, June 8, 2009
Goodbye to Betty
Last night we had to say goodbye to Betty. At the elderly age of 2 years she took a turn for the worse while Kevin and Connor were caring for her. Those two boys did a great job of making the rat a loved creature in our home. And that is why last night, at our little rat funeral it was a sad occasion. All the kids said goodbye in their own way. Kevin cried a lot, Kelly wrote a letter, Connor called his grandma, and Delaney wanted us all to write down our favorite things about Betty so we could remember her.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
You have my condolences. I know how hard it is to lose someone you love, even, and sometimes especially, a pet.
I'm so sorry to hear about Betty. Cal & Kaycey will be so sad they didn't get the pleasure of meeting her.
Only 2? I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope your kids do ok with it!
I think that is so awesome how you and your family shared your love for Betty. I remember hearing about Betty from time to time and Q even got the chance to meet her. I hope the kids are feeling better about it.
How truly sad. This brings back a similar situation here when Alyssa hamster passed. Phoebe lived a long four years, two years past her life-expectancy. I hope the kids are doing ok.
Post a Comment