Sunday, June 21, 2009

Incredibly Ordinarily Wonderful

  • Up at 6:30 to cheer on his daughter at her swim meet.
  • Holds his wife's hand.
  • Solves a tiff among siblings.
  • Gandma and Grandpa over...he makes lunch for everyone.
  • Climbs into the rafters to get the umbrella out from the garage, just because his wife wants wants it.
  • Out to the yard to shovel dirt and move rocks.
  • Calls Michigan to talk to his dad.
  • Patiently comforts his sad little boy.
  • Off to church with his family.
  • Into the cold pool to swim with the kids.
  • Reads a bedtime story.
  • Carries his little girl to bed.
  • Exhausted....falls asleep in the living room chair.

    An ordinary Sunday for Ricky. But this Sunday was father's day. So I want to say that all these ordinary acts of a man, a husband, and a father are the events that make our life so blessed and wonderful. Ricky you are an incredible person, a loving husband, and a giving daddy.
Happy Father's Day!

2 comments:

Beth said...

You are truly blessed, he seems like a great dad and I love the picture!!

AnnaMarie said...

I love that post, Katherine. All those "little, ordinary" things are truly what makes a man a great dad. I'm glad you recognize the wonder in that.