Tuesday, June 23, 2009

How Does Your Garden Grow?

...with silver bells and cockle shells and mushrooms all in a row.

Yes my garden is thriving after after last weeks torrential rain that is now being followed by humid sunny days.

Oh how I love my little part of the world that is my backyard!


Side note: I needed to look up the lyrics to the Mary Quite Contrary nursery rhyme and found out some rather disturbing facts about it's meaning. Check it out and you'll know that I do not have "cockle shells" or "maidens all in a row" around my garden. Yikes!

4 comments:

Anne said...

Is this really your yard? Cute!

Katherine said...

It is my yard...Well, a small part of it that is weeded and untrampled by the dogs. Not all parts look like this.

AnnaMarie said...

Those mushrooms look like they came from Willy Wonka's factory. :)

Wendy Lee said...

OM goodness.....the story of that Mary Mary.....scary!!

But, your yard is beautiful!! Love the mushrooms!!

Great to see you today!! :)