Tonight is the Eve of the feast of St Nick. The tradition in our family is for each child to ask the good saint for his charity by putting out a pair of shoes before going to bed. This in the hopes that he will leave a treat or two inside.
After dinner on this eve, Ricky and I had some errands to run, consequently leaving the four kids home alone. Creating this situation, especially close to bed time, there are some concerns for what might happen without adult supervision, especially since Connor is the one in charge. In fact, as we were shopping tonight I thought it was strange that we did not receive a single phone call asking permission for some food, or complaining of a problem. All seemed well, and it was. When we returned home and walked in the door we heard little giggles and a scurry of eight feet running to hide out of sight. Then we came upon a strange sight, a large assortment of shoes placed neatly at the entry way, waiting for St Nick. All the shoes those little stinkers could round up, a total of 37.5 pairs in all...
I think a lot of the fun being had in our absence was at Delaney's expense. Besides dressing her in the waders and having her reluctantly pose for a picture, the kids convinced her that her odds for more gifts is higher due to the increase of shoes. We'll see about that.

5 comments:
Funny!
That is hilarious! Did he fill them all?
Your children got sure get their clever-ness from you!! Did St Nuck put a treat in each shoe or what?! Don't leave us hanging.
I love it...what clever kids!
That's awesome! I truly wish we were closer to see them grow up! You've got a great bunch!
Post a Comment