I've been thinking that since the Grinch was not in the Christmas spirit, maybe it wasn't because he was a "mean one", maybe the Grinch was just a "busy one". (Ok he did seem pretty mean) But I have not been in the Christmas spirit myself as of yet because the sports, the projects, the homework, basically, the things of life have been getting in the way. I started out strong...the first week of December I was doing my daily devotions, focusing on the season, but now I have even become delinquent in my decoration a day schedule. Our house is only adorned with six Christmas objects and it is the 14th. If you do the math it is easy to see I am very much behind. And our tree has been standing at an angle in our living room for a week without a twinkling light on it until 8pm last night. Most people have wrapped gifts under their tree...if you look, my surprise seems to be unfolded laundry. Now that is a gift that keeps giving all year long.
2 comments:
All year long, several times a day. Please! No more gifts!
Awww Katherine, that's ok, you have the spirit of the season strong at your house so the decorations can wait!
Post a Comment