I arrived to the cafeteria just before the 8th grade class was finishing lunch, and the boys were being assigned seats though out the room so as to not to goof around with each other. I stood in the distance with my larger lens, and turned off my flash, so I could be discrete. All was well, I took about five photos and was timing the shots so as not to get the women in authority who were patrolling the group in the picture. As I put down my camera one of the lunch room guards approached me. She informed me that it was "inappropriate to be taking pictures", that the boys were being punished. I agreed that I knew they were being punished. She reiterated that then I should know it was inappropriate to be taking pictures.
Hmmmmm....a bunch of thoughts went through my mind in that moment, I even contemplated explaining my POTD disorder, but it was obviously she wouldn't understand. So what I let come out of my mouth was "Oh brother". I proceeded to put the cover on my lens, put my tail between my legs and left the building.
I can't believe I got scolded by the assistant principal of my child's grade school for taking a picture! It was like I was the paparazzi getting shooed away from someone's personal life, but without any monetary compensation. My only compensation is the memory and kids misbehaving and getting punished is a big part of my life. In fact of my four kids my 8th grader probably gets in trouble the most. Now I guess we know where he gets it... from his naughty inappropriate mom.
2 comments:
haha! The vision of a lady shaking a finger at you is in my head. I think those photos should go in the yearbook.
Way to go getting a picture! Some people just need to assert their authority any way they can.
Post a Comment