Since the weather has started to warm up Delaney has been asking to have a picnic. Sad to say, the one day last week when it was nice enough to do so we missed the opportunity. So today, determined as usual, she hauled down the comforter form upstairs and spread it on the living room floor and asked "Mommy, how about a picnic right here?" I couldn't turn down the offer, but I shouldn't get the mother of the year award either. We only had about 15 minutes to gulp down the PBJ sandwich while trying to snap a few photos. There were tons of giggles and excitement while trying to set up the camera and capture the image without spilling chocolate milk all over the floor.
On the way to school Delaney reminded me over and over again of how memorable our lunch had been. I was surprised that she would really consider those rushed 15 minutes to be so memorable.
Because of her I learned a lesson today....that is, being a good mom does not always have to do with the effort put forth while spending time with your kids, but simply... just spending time with your kids is being a good mom. (Whew that takes a lot of pressure off.)
The other thing Delaney and I learned today is that when you have a picnic in your living room you may not have to worry about ants, but watch out for that beagle.
6 comments:
how sweet!
I love this!
I love that pic with your dog. :) You're right...time counts the most.
Katherine, I love this! You are awesome! You always give me something to strive for, you are such a good example and a wonderful role model! I thank God for you! Love, Anne
LOVE it Katherine!! Love that photo of the 2 of you......and your beagle rocks!!! Love those sweet moments with our little princesses!! Can't wait to see the page!!
Very cute, the dog made me laugh because he just looks like he's afraid to attack that food, yet wants it so bad. haha
Post a Comment