Monday, April 13, 2009

I Arise Today....



I arise today to find that this is the week that my stuff will be strutted on the Bella blog. It is so exciting (and intimidating) to be invited to participate in the creative spark of this brand new scrapbook company. Stephanie is such a great talent and inspiration. It has been wonderful getting to know her.
My first project that posted yesterday was this little prayer book. It was inspired by my good friend Kathy who one day shared with me a binder she uses to pray for specific people in her life, and intentions for different causes. In Kathy's prayer book I was pleased to see that I my name appeared on Thursday. So now I know that every Thursday morning she is praying for me...What a special gift from a friend.
Ever since I saw Kathy's book I wanted to create something similiar to help me be reminded of the gift of my family and friends, and to be focused weekly on intentions close to my heart. The "arise today" prayer I used was inspired by a poem written by Joyce Rupp, and seemed perfect to help me express my daily thoughts. This little book was so fun to create, especially during the Lenten season. My kids think it's pretty dandy that they have a special day of the week in which their picture comes up and I focus on them in prayer. And just think that those of you who read my blog are prayed for on one of the days of the week too.
As far as the rest of my "designer spotlight" on Bella Blvd....Check back to the blog on Wednesday and Friday to see what other assignments I completed for the week.

3 comments:

Debbie Gaydos said...

Just saw this on the Bella blog - simply amazing! What a great little book!

Wendy Lee said...

Love the book Katherine!! You are amazingly talented!! I love the idea of creating a prayer book! Thanks so much for the inspiration!! Congratulations on your Bella Spotlight!!!

Stephanie said...

I didn't know the rest of the story behind the album. This is so cool. I might have to copy it in my current prayer journal! Thanks for making me a better person!