Friday, April 3, 2009

Life at 90%?

Today Ricky found out that nine more people from his office went home without a job, and everyone that remains sustained a 10% pay cut for an undetermined amount of time. One of my first reactions to the news is to put pencil to paper and determine the effects on our family. But I need to put the pencil down, and not think of life at 10% less. So I focus on the fullness of 90%. With Ricky back at work tonight and the kids in bed, I have had quiet time to do some reflecting. Most of my thoughts turn away from the worries and center on that guy of mine. I could go on and on about how fantastic he is, but that would probably embarrass him. So I will simply stay up another hour or so waiting for him to get home, and say that little prayer of thanks for him that I do every night before I go to sleep. Because with him, my life is at 100% and all will be well.

3 comments:

AnnaMarie said...

That is so awesome, Katherine. Good way of thinking. Lucky Ricky.

Nickos and Nichole Rovello said...

I miss you guys! Thank you for sharing your thoughtful words of wisdom. It truly helps to look at things from that perspective.

Beth said...

You are so positive. I love that and am inspired by you!