How does one find the opportunity to spend almost 3 hours of quality time together as mother and daughter? First you start with a somewhat new 2008 Dodge van that is dripping water on the steering wheel when it rains. Then you add a trip to the car dealer to have it fixed, a mechanic that looks like Joaquin Phoenix (but doesn't find it funny when you tell him that) who is having trouble finding the source of the water, a phone call to your dad to make sure he can take care of the other kids, a lot of waiting, some complementary popcorn, more waiting, some bubble gum, more waiting, some bad news from the Joaquin look alike mechanic, more waiting, a ride form a round, little, old retired school teacher to the car rental station, more waiting, a very happy but obnoxious car rental attendant, more waiting, hauling the car seat and backpack to yet another car, a mommy that is getting a little grumpy, and a very patient and good little 5 year old daugher who is having lots of fun. If you put that all together you and your daughter have just had the opportunity to spend some interesting moments together on the Great Van Adventure. I know it sounds like so much fun but take it from me I tried it yesterday and I wouldn't recommend it. I'll let you know how it goes when we have to go back and pick up the drippy van.
Wednesday, April 1, 2009
Katherine and Delaney's Great Van Adventure
How does one find the opportunity to spend almost 3 hours of quality time together as mother and daughter? First you start with a somewhat new 2008 Dodge van that is dripping water on the steering wheel when it rains. Then you add a trip to the car dealer to have it fixed, a mechanic that looks like Joaquin Phoenix (but doesn't find it funny when you tell him that) who is having trouble finding the source of the water, a phone call to your dad to make sure he can take care of the other kids, a lot of waiting, some complementary popcorn, more waiting, some bubble gum, more waiting, some bad news from the Joaquin look alike mechanic, more waiting, a ride form a round, little, old retired school teacher to the car rental station, more waiting, a very happy but obnoxious car rental attendant, more waiting, hauling the car seat and backpack to yet another car, a mommy that is getting a little grumpy, and a very patient and good little 5 year old daugher who is having lots of fun. If you put that all together you and your daughter have just had the opportunity to spend some interesting moments together on the Great Van Adventure. I know it sounds like so much fun but take it from me I tried it yesterday and I wouldn't recommend it. I'll let you know how it goes when we have to go back and pick up the drippy van.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh bummer. At least Delaney was good for you!
What a day. I hate car problems! Sounds like the kid had a ball though!
Jordan NEVER would have lasted thru a day like that!!! Good for Delaney and Great for you....
Donna C.
Post a Comment